- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti (I like angel hair)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce (I love Prego)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (I never use this, but I am sure it would be good....there is plenty of flavor in the sauce)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
*this is also a GREAT dish to make 24 hours before cooking....just store in fridge! perfect for entertaining!